- PhD, 1982, University of Toronto
- MA, 1974, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- BS, 1972, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Survey of British History
- Survey of U.S. history, 1607-1877
- Victorian and Edwardian England
- Graduate proseminars and seminars
Research and professional interests
Social and cultural history of modern Britain: alcohol, public houses, cultures of drinking, sport history, temperance, landed classes, transnational progressivism, muckrakers, Irish nationalism, changing perceptions of women and politics of temperance reform
Awards and honors
- Southwest Missouri State University Faculty Summer Research Grants. 2010, 2003, 199, 1996, 1993 and 1986.
- Last Lecture Series, “On the Outside Looking In.” Student Government Association. 2009
- Missouri State University, Summer Faculty Fellowships, 2008
- SMSU Foundation Award for Research, 2004
- President, Alcohol and Drugs History Society. 2000-2004.