PhD, 2000, University of Kansas
- African Civilization
- Women in Africa
- Teaching of Secondary School Social Studies
- Supervised Teaching (Secondary Social Studies)
- Seminar in Supervised Teaching
- Secondary School Curriculum for the Social Studies
Research and professional interests
- African and African-American studies
- Education and cultural transformation
- Multicultural education.
Awards and honors
- College Incentive Grant, Foundations for Cooperating Teachers, Missouri State University, $5,460. 2008 - 2009.
- Public Affairs Grant, Missouri NAME Conference Keynote Sponsor, Missouri State University, $3,800. Fall 2008.
- College Program Incentive Grant, Foundations for Cooperating Teachers, Missouri State University, $6,902. 2007 - 2008.
- Fulbright Scholar Program, University of Nigeria History Department, Nsukka, Nigeria. 2004-2005.
- Missouri National Association of Multicultural Education Chapter Service Award. 2008.
- Professional Education Unit Leadership Award. May 2008.