- JD, University of Toledo
- MBA, Bowling Green State University
- BS, Business Administration, Bowling Green State University
- Certified Hospitality Educator, American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute
- Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics, American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute
- HRA 720: Risk Management and Legal Compliance in the Hospitality Industry
- HRA 480: Global Strategic Management in the Hospitality Industry
- HRA 428: Hospitality Law
- HRA 340: Destination Development
- HRA 210: Introduction to Hospitality Leadership
Professor Dallas’s current scholarship efforts center on corporate social responsibility in the hospitality industry. Her professional interests include the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education (I-CHRIE) for which she served as Past President currently serves as the Chair of the Board of Governors for Eta Sigma Delta, the international hospitality honorary. She is also active in Springfield Metro Rotary, the Springfield Hotel and Lodging Association, and other professional associations.
Research and professional interests
Refereed journal articles
- Dallas, M.B. (co-author), Hospitality Marketing: A Systems Approach, Educational Institute of the American Hotel Motel Association, New York, New York, 2006, 436 pp.
- Dallas, M.B. (co-author), Hospitality and Tourism Careers: A Blueprint for Success, Prentice Hall Publishing Company, New York, New York, 1998, 252 pp.
Chapters in Books
- Dallas, M., “The Legal Environment of Lodging Operations,” Hotel Management and Operations.
- M. O’Fallon and D. Rutherford, Editors, John Wiley & Sons, 3rd Edition, 2001, pp. 191-200; 4th Edition, 2006, pp. 205-216; and 5th Edition, 2010, pp. 205-216.
- Dallas, M. (with C.D. Riegel), “Hospitality & Tourism: Careers in the World’s Largest Industry,” The Guide to Hospitality & Tourism Education. John F. Wiley & Sons, 1999, 2006, and 2010, pp. 5-47.
- Dallas Bandy, M., “Facilities Management: Introduction to Hospitality Property Management," Hospitality Management: An Introduction to the Industry. R. Brymer, Editor, Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company, Dubuque, Iowa, 7th Edition, 1993, pp. 273-279.
Refereed presented papers
- Dallas, M.B., “Lawsuits as an Indicator of Corporate Social Responsibility in Hospitality Firms,” 2011 Conference of the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education.
- Dallas, M. B. (2002). "Cautious Optimism," Time & Space (a Codina Group Publication), 1(3), 3. This Special Feature article was an economic forecast used by the commercial real estate industry in their major regional publication.
- Dallas, M.B. and C.D. Riegel (2001). "Careers in Hospitality and Tourism," International Education Guide (a Hospitality Newsgroup Publication), 1(1), 15.
Awards and honors
- Recipient of the Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence in the College of Natural and Applied Sciences at Missouri State University, 2014
- Recognized as a Faculty Mentor for Missouri State University Student Athletes, 2013
- Nominated for the Curtis P. Lawrence Award for Excellence in Advising at Missouri State University, 2013
- I-CHRIE Outstanding Scientific Paper Reviewer for the area of Law and Governmental Relations, 2011
- Recognition for Faculty Excellence from the Missouri State University Greek Community, 2009