- PhD, Physical Therapy, Creighton University
- BS, Exercise Science, Brigham Young University
- PTE 712 Biomechanics and Kinesiology
- PTE 714 Imaging Analysis in Physical Therapy Practice
- PTE 723-733 Patient Management: Musculoskeletal I and II
- PTE 707 Medical Gross Anatomy
- PTE 873 Patient Management: Advanced Differential Diagnosis
Dr. Wallentine has over 10 years of academic experience, beginning as a teaching assistant at Brigham Young University and Creighton University, then as an Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy at Winston-Salem State University, and currently as an Associate Professor of Physical Therapy at Missouri State University.
Research and professional interests
Dr. Wallentine has practiced in both acute and orthopedic settings, and currently practices part time in the Missouri State University PT Clinic and in the community. His special interest and much of his clinical practice involves treating individuals with back, neck, and shoulder pain, particularly those with postural related problems. He enjoys practicing preventive physical therapy in the area of office ergonomic evaluation and intervention. Dr. Wallentine serves as the Director of Admissions for the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program.
Publications and presentations
- Robinson BS, Gordon J, Wallentine SW, Visio M. The relationship between lower extremity strength and the risk for falls in a community dwelling aging population. Physiotherapy Theory and Practice. 2004; 20:155-173.
- Landers M, Barker G, Wallentine S, McWhorter JW, Peel C. A comparison of tidal volume, breathing frequency, and minute ventilation between two sitting postures in healthy adults. Physiotherapy Theory and Practice. 2003; 19:109-119.
- Robinson BS, Gordon J, Wallentine S, Visio M. Effectiveness of physical therapy intervention in decreasing the risk of falls in a community dwelling aging population. Orthopedic Nursing. 2002; 21(1):55-69.
- Wallentine SW, Hunt GC, Tocci L, Versteeg-Pastar T. "Quantifying the pressure effects of arch taping on the posterior calcaneus in adolescents and adults during ambulation." Poster presentation at the Missouri Physical Therapy Association Spring Meeting, Kansas City, MO - April 2007.
- Barton H, Wallentine SW. "Comparison of infraspinatus muscle strength in the dominant (pitching) arm versus the non-dominant arm of minor league baseball pitchers." Poster presentation at the Missouri Physical Therapy Association Spring Meeting, St. Louis, MO - April 2006.
- Edwards D, Wallentine SW, "The effects of backpack usage on forward trunk lean, forward head posture, and back, shoulder or neck symptoms in college-age students." Poster presentation at the Missouri Physical Therapy Association Spring Meeting, Osage Beach, MO - April 2005.