- PhD, Plant Pathology/Biotechnology, 1997, North Carolina State University
- MS, Virology, 1988, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Science
- BS, Biology, 1985, Henan Teacher’s University, P. R. China
- Advances in Plant Science
- Colloquium in Plant Science
Research and professional interests
My research focuses on understanding the molecular and genetic basis of disease resistance in grapevines and on identifying viruses and prevention of virus diseases that cause significant losses to grape industries. My professional interests are genomics and functional genomics of grapevine, virus diseases, virus testing and generation of virus-tested grapevines
Awards and honors
- One of the 100-Talents, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China. 2010.
- University Award for Excellence in Research, Missouri State University. 2006.
- Excellence in Research Award, College of Natural and Applied Sciences, Missouri State University. 2003.
- Nusbaum Scholar Award for Outstanding Research, Dept. Plant Pathology, North Carolina State University. 1998.