- MFA, Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.
- BA, College of the Ozarks, Pt. Lookout, Mo.
- ART 101 3-Dimensional Design Theories
- ART 212 Ceramics I
- ART 312 Ceramics II
- ART 313 Ceramics III
- ART 314 Special Topics in Ceramics
- ART 399 Individual Instruction
- Associate Professor of Art, Sculpture/Ceramics, Missouri State University, Springfield, Mo., 2002-present
- Associate Professor of Art, Ceramics, Vincennes University, Vincennes, Ind., 1990-2002
- 2017 “1st Annual Off Center: International Ceramic Art Competition,” Coker Family Gallery, Blue Line Arts, Roseville, Calif.
- 2017 “SIP: A Ceramic Cup Show,” Savannah Clay Community, Non-Fiction Gallery, Savannah, Ga.
- 2015 “River2River: A Regional Juried Exhibition,” The Ceramics Center, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Selected visiting artist resedencies
- 2014 Artist in Residence, Sachaqa Art Center in San Roque De Cumbaza, Peru
- 2013 Artist in Residence, Watershed Center for the Ceramic Arts, Newcastle, Maine
- 2010 Artist in Residence, The Pottery Workshop, Jingdezhen, China, P.R.C.
Research and professional interests
- Ceramics History
- Firing a variety of Woodkilns
Awards and honors
- 2016 “College of Arts and Letters Special Projects Grant,” co-submitted with Keith Ekstam for assistance with the “Generations” exhibition at the Filipino Cultural Center in Overland Park, Kan.
- 2014 Missouri State University Faculty Research Grant
- 2010 Missouri State University Sabbactial Research Leave