PhD, 1996, University of Georgia
- PHI 513 Bioethics
- PHI 319 Feminist Philosophy
- PHI 350 Philosophy and Public Affairs
- PHI 345 Theories of Ethics
- PHI 110 Introduction to Philosophy
- PHI 115 Ethics and Contemporary Issues
- PHI 105 Logic and Critical Thinking
- PHI 300 Philosophical Ideas in Literature
- PHI 302 Environmental Ethics
- SOC 357 Sociology of Sport
Research and professional interests
- Philosophy of sport
- Feminist philosophy
Selected book chapters
“Using ‘Alternative Sports’ to Promote Gender Equality,” in Macmillan’s Interdisciplinary Handbooks: Philosophy of Sport, edited by R. Scott Kretchmar, Farmington Hills, MI: MacMilan, 2017, 263-278.
Selected refereed journal articles
- “Personal Foul: An Evaluation of the Moral Status of American Football,” Journal of the Philosophy of Sport, volume 42, issue 2 (July 2015), 269-286.
- “Mixed Competition and Mixed Messages,” Journal of the Philosophy of Sport, volume 41, issue 1 (March 2014), 65-77.
- “Zola Budd and the Political Pawn,” Fair Play: Journal of Philosophy, Ethics and Sports Law, vol. 10, (October 2017), 69-82.
- “Foucalt and the Glamazon: The Autonomy of Ronda Rousey” with Charlene Weaving (St. Francis Xavier University), Sport, Ethics and Philosophy, volume 11, issue 4, 428-439.
- “Off the Beaten Path: should women compete against men?” Sport in Society, volume 18, number 8-9 (September 2016), 1125-1137.
- “Core Workout: A feminist critique of definitions, hyperfemininity, and the medicalization of fitness,” with Sarah Teetzel (University of Manitoba) and Charlene Weaving (St. Francis Xavier University),International Journal of Feminist Approaches to Bioethics, volume 9, number 2 (October 2016), 46-66.
- Sailors, P. (2015). "Personal Foul: an evaluation of the moral status of football". Journal of the Philosophy of Sport, 42(2), 269-286.
Selected book reviews
- “Erin C. Tarver, The I in Team: Sports Fandom and the Reproduction of Identity,” Hypatia: A Journal of Feminist Philosophy, January 2018.
Other selected intellectual contributions
- Weaving, C., Sailors, P., Teetzel, S., Schneider, A., Edwards, L., Davis, P. (2013). "Collective Response to 'Sport in Transition: Making Sport in Canada More Responsible for Gender Inclusivity'".
Awards and honors
- Theta Chi Fraternity Outstanding Faculty Member, Theta Chi Fraternity, 2005
- Phi Eta Sigma Honorary Member, Missouri State University, 2002
- Research Award, College of Humanities and Public Affairs, 2002
- Service Award, College of Humanities and Public Affairs, 2001
- Teaching Award, College of Humanities and Public Affairs, 1998