- PhD, Health, Leisure and Human Performance, 2004, Oklahoma State University
- MS, Parks and Recreation Administration, 2001, Western Kentucky University
- BS, Applied English and Tourism, 1998, Nankai University, China
Dr. Liang's dissertation of benchmarking study on state parks won a research excellence award at Oklahoma State University. Her work has also been published in national journals, and she has presented at both international and national conferences.
Dr. Liang joined RSPA faculty in 2004.
Research and professional interests
- Leisure motivation and benefits
- Festival management leisure and older adults
- Tourism & travel